MaGIC Academy: Learn to Code in a Day
As Steve Jobs famously put it “I think everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to think.”
As the internet has become an important aspect of our daily lives, web development has also become one of the most in demand skills. Furthermore, 90% of all future jobs will require digital competencies, and coding is one of the most essential skill to have.
Good news is coding is not only for computer programmers and it is not all about designing or developing web applications. Learning to code not only helps people interact better with technology but helps CEOs or business owners to become much better managers of their tech - teams by understanding the technical architecture.
- Basic web
- HTML CSS
- Java script and bootstrapping
- Beginners who want to get started in and know more about web development.
- People who work in the designing/marketing field and are looking to hand-code their concepts.
- Startups/Business owners who want to have a better understanding and view the technology aspect of their business, that will eventually create better partnerships between marketers and developers that will drive faster, more agile, and better quality product development.
A shining example of starting young and going global, Xun has amassed his experiences, consulting and developing programmes for 8 startups, from Malaysia to the United Kingdom and the United States. With his long track-record, Xun fondly recalls his most memorable contribution was to help PhD lecturers in universities in their research work while he was only in his Third Year of studies, while being offered to study PhD himself in University Malaya. Xun is passionate in teaching wireframing and product development.
Some pre-reading on HTML & CSS:
08.30 AM Registration & Breakfast
09.00 AM Understanding basic web (Introduction & ice breaker)
09.30 AM Getting Started with HTML (hands-on)
11.30 AM Exploring CSS (hands-on)
12.30 PM Prayer break & Lunch
02.00 PM Hosting with Firebase (hands-on)
02.30 PM Bootstrapping your Site (hands-on)
04.30PM Prayer break
05.00 PM Final Presentation & Q&A
06.00 PM End
- Sessions will be focused on presentations in English.
- Dress smart but remain casual
- Bring along your own laptop for optimal learning
- Participant has to download Sublime 2 : https://www.sublimetext.com/2
- The event description was updated. Diff 2016-09-30 09:27:26
8:30 AM - 6:30 PM MYT
On sale until Sep 30, 2016, 11:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre, Block 3730, Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Malaysia